Re: AX25 and related software's future in Debian

ALCON,

Let me say in the most precise and absolute terms, yes, if you do something that would "de-perfectfy" Ubuntu for Amateur Radio use that would be quite a sad day for me. Granted, I jettisoned Debian a long time ago in exchange for Ubuntu (which by my measurement is far superior).

If you lack the interest in continuing to take the lead on AX25's appearance within the Debian distribution and its subordinate distributions (such as Ubuntu), why not try to speak to the Ubuntu folks? Maybe they will maintain it and that way it can stay. Perhaps someone else will take it over? Why just remove and leave everyone else absent this functional capability?

V/R,

Stuart, N3GWG

--

IT1 Stuart Blake Tener, USNR, N3GWG (Extra), MROP
Las Vegas, NV / Boulder, CO / Philadelphia, PA / Beverly Hills, CA

(310) 358-0202 Mobile Phone
(215) 338-6005 Google Voice

e-mail: stuart.tener@bh90210.net

Quoting "C.J. Adams-Collier" <cjac@colliertech.org>: