Sofware Defined Radio in Debian

Hi!

In case you haven't noticed, let me mention a few new
Debian packages that may be of interest here...

Today gnuradio is back in Debian[1].

Hardware support is also available for gnuradio
by the already present uhd packages and the soon
to be uploaded gr-fcd package. The uhd packages
(uhd-host, libuhd003 and libuhd-dev) handle
the USRP hardware formerly supported by the
old gnuradio packages. The gr-fcd supports a
newer receiver known as the FUNcube Dongle[2].

Also available in Debian is a gui for setting up
the FUNcube Dongle: qthid-fcd-controller.

If you like your radio receivers to be software with
colorful waterfall spectrum displays check out
the quisk[4] and cutesdr[5] packages.

Hardware support of quisk include Softrock style
devices that provide IQ signals to a stereo sound card,
FPGA-based radio hardware such as HiQSDR, N2ADR, and
AMRAD Charleston boards, and RFSpace devices including
the sdriq.

Cutesdr supports RFSpace hardware, and some of its code
is in gqrx[6]. Alexandru Csete, OZ9AEC, is building a
very nice application targeted at receiving signals
from satellites.

I've got gqrx Debian packages, but I'm awaiting the 2.0
release before uploading (there are still a few bugs to
squash and features to add).

Bug reports/patches welcome,
-Maitland

Links:
[1] http://gnuradio.org/
    http://packages.qa.debian.org/g/gnuradio.html
[2] http://www.funcubedongle.com/ ground segment
of the AMSAT-UK Amateur Radio Educational Satellite.[3]
[3] http://funcube.org.uk/
[4] http://james.ahlstrom.name/quisk/
[5] http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/CuteSDR.html
[6] https://github.com/csete/gqrx/wiki