Re: RFS: ax-emergency-listen

Hi Thomas !

On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 20:57 +0200, Thomas Osterried wrote:
> > The ax_emergency_listen program is not related to any other program
> > called "aprsmon". The ax_emergency_listen is based upon the "listen"
> > program which is part of the ax25-apps package (as explained in the
> > README file).
>
> Oops. This raises the question why that code is duplicated by fork -
> which is, in case of security issues and fixes for it, a horror.

Which fork ?

> I wonder if the patches go back into "listen".

Which patches ?

> Btw, I also use beacon(1) for sending APRS datagrams from our
> digipeater. It does make sense to re-use existing programs ;)

Perhaps it doesn't re-use that much (and in any case, it is so little by
itself). However there are bits of code by Heikki Hannikainen OH7LZB
<oh7lzb@sral.fi> and Tomi Manninen OH2BNS <oh2bns@sral.fi> (color
printing support) and bits of code for Kiss decoding written by Phil
Karn KA9Q which are surely shared between the two programs.

It is mostly inspired by the "listen" program.

> vy 73,
> 	- Thomas  dl9sau
> 	  (co-maintainer of ax25-apps/-tools)

73,