Re: Our ax25libs packages

On 2010-12-24 16:59:03 -0600, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
wrote in <[🔎] 4D1525B7.9080809@complete.org>:
[..]
> >Please do not use the release candidate "rc2" because it has known problems.
>
> When will there be something that fixes that?  The last non-rc
> release you've put out also has known problems (kissnetd is
> completely unusable due to lack of Unix98 PTY support, for
> instance).  Are fixes for the rc2 issues made?  If so, could there
> be an rc3 or release soon?  I'm concerned that the download links at
> linux-ax25.org all point to rc2, with no indication that it has
> known issues.  Apparently it's been that way since June 2009.

Everything in the CVS head is works fine.

Personaly I prefer to point to the CVS head, because it's easy to
cvs update for being up-to-date.

But I agree that packet-maintainers prefer
releases/release-numbers/release-candidates.

Ralf and I talked yeasterday if we'd make a RC3 these days.

kissnetd and others do have unix98 support.

Known issuses: well, you're right. I thought it's enough to see at the
mailinglist that i.E. in RC2 netrom-support was partialy broken due to a
bug in libax25. We've to document this better.

vy 73,
	- Thomas  dl9sau