Re: Trouble connecting from Debian Linux to Yaesu FT-450AT using hamlib or kermit

On 07/11/2010 10:46 AM, Tom Epperly wrote:
On 07/11/2010 04:29 AM, Ed wrote:
On 07/11/2010 12:05 AM, Tom Epperly wrote:
Please cc me directly on replies. I am trying to use my Yaesu FT-450AT
connected to my Linux Debian Unstable box for the first time, and I am
having trouble connecting to the rig via the cat cable. I am running
2.6.32-5-amd64 on an AMD64 system. I have a Prolific-based USB-serial
adapter that's connected to the Linux box's USB port and the radio's CAT
cable port via a USB hub. I've used the cable and hub from a Windows
laptop before without problems.

Did you enable CATRTS in the menu ?
It's enabled in the menu. I tried turning it off too, but it didn't help.

By the way, I got a reply from another ham who never got rig control
working from Linux.

Tom

Ed W3NR

Rig control using either flrig, fldigi, or hamlib work perfectly here with my 450. With fldigi you do not set DTR+12 or RTS+12. I suggest you try flrig, its stand-alone and is at w1hkj.com. I am the alpha tester for the 450 and flrig, as well as fldigi. With flrig all you need to do is select the correct port and click on the "init" button.

HTH

Ed W3NR