Re: FBB crashes PC

Steve Conklin wrote:
On 02/10/2009 05:06 PM, Ray Wells wrote:
Ray Wells wrote:
On the issue of hogging resources, there have been many reports of fbb
using around 97% of the cpu on some (K)Ubuntu systems yet vanilla
Debian doesn't have this problem.

Ray vk2tv

Can you point to any of these reports?
Do they have any more information?
Have any bugs been filed?

Thanks!

Steve AI4QR
(Ubuntu kernel engineer)

Steve,

I don't know if anything has been officially documented but I've swapped two local bbs's from Kubuntu to Debian and the cpu problem went away. It seemed to be independent of the kernel being used. I know of other cases from a private group of xfbb users. It seemed to start with the upgrade from 7.04 but it doesn't happen in all cases.

Apart from a quick dabble with fbb under 7.04 on a test machine I haven't used Kubuntu for the bbs system.

Sorry I can't be more specific. I'll drop Charles K4GBB a note, he maintains a swag of systems in Florida.

Ray vk2tv