Re: FBB crashes PC

It easy to back seat drive and I hope this does not  sound like back seat
driving.   The nature of your first & second message raises many questions.

Could you login from the console but not from a remote client? Many times the
console will seem to be locked up but remote logins work fine.   I find that
you have to try both before concluding that a machine has crashed.

I would suggest that you restore a previous version that you know runs and set
up remote syslog.   With remote syslog your logging will be preserved no
matter what happens to your FBB machine.

Try running "top" on your FBB machine from a remote machine and see if any
processes are hogging your processes?

Those are my thoughts.

Sincerely,

Clare de K0NY   qth Winona, MN USA