Re: Making a debian distro on cd self booting with ham software

Clare Jarvis wrote:
Hi,

I don't expect a howto but can anybody point me the proper direction for making a self-boot debian ham distribution that I can modify what is loaded on the cd?

de K0NY

You may want to do some Google searching... there have been multiple projects to do exactly this announced here from time to time, and a quick search just found four distros (some Debian based, some not) that are Ham-specific.

Otherwise, if you're unfamiliar with making whole OS Live CD's, there are some sites out there that explain how someone goes about doing that, many of the larger Live CD distros have instructions or even tools to help you "respin" their distros for your own needs.

What ham applications are you planning to put on it? There's a lot of them! (GRIN)

Nate WY0X