Re: Struggling to start with PSK31

> Haines Brown wrote:
> >> There's a colour waterfall patch for gMFSK from Dave W1HKJ.  If
> >> you're using the gMFSK package from etch or unstable it's
> >> included (0.6+0.7pre1-2); right-click on the waterfall and select
> >> the Color option.
> >
> > In order to incorporate W1HKJ's mods, I compiled 0.7pre1. However,
> > it seems I needed to compile gmfsk-0.71pre1. I get the impression
> > that W1HKJ created a modified complete source which he names
> > gMFSK.hjk.53. I'll get that and compile it instead. Thanks again
> > for the lead.
>
> You may also wamt to take a look at Dave's fldigi. Not that
> difficult to compile and works nicely. Also take a look at Yahoo
> linuxham.

I downloaded the source code for gMFSK.hjk.53, and checked that in the
source header file src/hkj-config.h is found the statement:

  #define WANT_WATERFALL_MOD 1

I compiled and installed it. But when I start gmfsk, it is still the
gMFSK 0.7pre1 that I had before (the waterfall context menu has the
same entries, and nothing about color).

Sorry to take up bandwidth with such a trivial issue, for I can't see
that a colored waterfall really makes any real difference.

Haines Brown KB1GRM