Re: Gmfsk

Bob Nielsen wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 09:05 -0400, Ed wrote:
>

>>Thanks Harv for the Xlog info. But what I am looking for is a way to
>>have Gmfsk send incremental serial numbers as part of the exchange.I
>>already have Xlog working with Gmfsk for general QSO's.
>>

>I only made a few contacts in the Volta contest, but still ended up
>skipping a serial number trying to keep track in my head and that
>feature in a gmfsk macro would have been nice.  I suppose that if I had
>room for a larger monitor I could put gmfsk and xlog side-by-side on the
>screen.
>
>Somewhat off-topic comments:
>
>I went into xlog to edit one of the contacts (gmfsk and hamlib somehow
>stopped talking and it had entered the wrong band into the log).
>Unfortunately xlog doesn't allow you to edit the frequency and it also
>doesn't recognize RTTY as a mode so I ended up editing them in a text
>editor instead).
>
>I also find that only a few programs actually work with hamlib for me
>(gmsk does for the most part, as do  rigctl and grig), but I can't get
>hamlib to talk at all to tlf and only a few times has it worked with
>xlog--strange!
>
>Bob, N7XY

Bob, I found that you can only use hamlib one instance at a time.  As
for TLF once I set the rig control parameters in the config file it
worked just fine. It also works fine with Xlog, but in Gmfsk it is
exactly 1 kc off. In Xlog I used settings>preferences>band/mode and set
mine to cw, rtty, psk and that seems to log it correctly. I have had the
same results using libranet 2.8.1 and now version 3.

I was hoping someone knew a way to get the serial generator from tlf or
xlog into gmfsk and be able to use it in a macro.  Sure would be better
than trying to remember the last number and all the extra typing.

Ed W3NR