Re: Re: Gmfsk

On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 09:05 -0400, Ed wrote:
> Thanks Harv for the Xlog info. But what I am looking for is a way to
> have Gmfsk send incremental serial numbers as part of the exchange.I
> already have Xlog working with Gmfsk for general QSO's.

I only made a few contacts in the Volta contest, but still ended up
skipping a serial number trying to keep track in my head and that
feature in a gmfsk macro would have been nice.  I suppose that if I had
room for a larger monitor I could put gmfsk and xlog side-by-side on the
screen.

Somewhat off-topic comments:

I went into xlog to edit one of the contacts (gmfsk and hamlib somehow
stopped talking and it had entered the wrong band into the log).
Unfortunately xlog doesn't allow you to edit the frequency and it also
doesn't recognize RTTY as a mode so I ended up editing them in a text
editor instead).

I also find that only a few programs actually work with hamlib for me
(gmsk does for the most part, as do  rigctl and grig), but I can't get
hamlib to talk at all to tlf and only a few times has it worked with
xlog--strange!

Bob, N7XY