RE: Mini/nano-ITX (was AX.25 on 2.6.8 kernel and sarge?)

I'm focused on the Eden 5000 because that's the board I currently have. I
see them on ebay for ~$100.

I'm also considering the following boards:

VIA Nano-ITX (with Eden processor, i.e., fanless)
http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_N_spec.jsp?motherboardId=221

VIA EPIA PD Mainboard - 4 com ports (with Eden processor, i.e., fanless
I haven't located a source for these yet)
http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_PD_spec.jsp?motherboardId=241

I had a problem finding a .config for the Eden 5000 since it is older and
has a different north\south bridge than most of the later VIA Mini-ITX
boards. The .config I finally came up with for the 5000 was a modified
M10000 .config. I'm including it as an attachment.

I'm guessing the Nano-ITX will likely require additional kernel code when it
becomes available.

There's a wiki devoted to via epia on linux:
http://www.epiawiki.org/wiki/tiki-index.php

2.6.x .config includes many options that I just can't determine if they're
required|useful or not. My goal is to boil the kernel down to as lean a file
as possible. For most ham stuff (i.e., X-less), I'm hoping to run the system
from compact flash (and solar 12Vdc)... no noise, no moving parts, high
reliability(?)! It would be nice to have enough room for X and xastir. If
we're to use the new nano-ITX, we'll need some robust multiport serial
solution. As spec'd, it includes 2 ethernet ports. I wish one of em was
802.11b/g with external antenna connector, but hopefully I can stuff one in
the mini-PCI slot.

Rick, KG4OFO