Re: SOLVED: adding hamradio menus to gnome

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 09:53:36AM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> I have dug a bit deeper into the matter. Menu-merging appears to be
> implemented into gnome, according to the freedesktop standard at:
> http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/menu-spec
>
> I have created a debian package which does just this:
> 1) creates a hamradio menu in /etc/xdg/menus/gnome-applications-merged
> 2) adds a hamradio.directory in /usr/share/desktop-directories
> 3) adds a menu icon
>
> The experimental package is available at:
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa4tu/tmp/hamradio-gnome_1.0_all.deb
>
> Please test and report! If okay I will upload to debian.

I really think the gnome-menus package should do this instead. Users
shouldn't need to install an extra package to do this.

Have you filed a wishlist bug report against gnome-menus?
I don't think there was any feedback on the debian-gtk-gnome list.

> e.g. gmfsk uses "Ham Radio" which is incorrect.

Yes that's true. I have fixed this in my next upload, which isn't ready
yet.

> So, you must check if your package uses a .desktop file
> in /usr/share/applications and if the HamRadio category is used.....

thanks

Hamish