Re: linpsk

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 06:34:41PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> Op zo, 03-04-2005 te 22:53 +1000, schreef Hamish Moffatt:
> > Grouped packages tend to be a bit messy to maintain. However along those
> > same lines, we could potentially denote that linpsk (and any packages in
> > a similar way) were denoted by a debian-hams-dev group who would have
> > co-maintainership.
>
> I like the idea. We could use the debian-hams list as an exchange point
> for bug reports and wishes regarding these packages. I think the ax25
> packages to-be-orphaned-by-Bruce would be ideally suited for this. I
> would myself drop fbb into this pool because I don't use it myself but
> found it important enough to package...

I did some research to see how other groups are handling this.
There's a bit of information in the developer's reference though it
mostly refers to a primary maintainer with co-maintainers, rather than a
complete collaboration.
http://www.nl.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-collaborative-maint

It looks like all the possible uploaders need to be listed in
debian/control. Here's a snippet from vim's debian/control:

Maintainer: Debian VIM Maintainers <pkg-vim-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Uploaders: Norbert Tretkowski <nobse@debian.org>, Pierre Habouzit <pierre.habouzit@m4x.org>, Torsten Landschoff <torsten@debian.org>, Matthijs Mohlmann <matthijs@cacholong.nl>, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org>, Alexis Sukrieh <sukria@sukria.net>, Pepijn de Langen <pepijn@ce.et.tudelft.nl>, James Vega <jamessan@jamessan.com>

However we can start with a small list and anyone can add themselves as
they upload. (I'm not sure how many people we're talking about anyway.)

Hamish