Re: linpsk

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 08:37:33AM -0400, John Ackermann N8UR wrote:
> I'm not *actively* using linpsk because I'm off the air at the moment,
> but I'd *like* to be using it.  I'd vote to keep it in.
>
> Or alternatively, would it make sense to group several of the ham
> programs that might be lightly used into a single Debian package that
> could be updated on a regular basis with whatever the current verson is
> of each program at that time?

Grouped packages tend to be a bit messy to maintain. However along those
same lines, we could potentially denote that linpsk (and any packages in
a similar way) were denoted by a debian-hams-dev group who would have
co-maintainership.

There is precedent for this, eg vim is maintained by a group of
maintainers and the Maintainer line in debian/control actually says

Maintainer: Debian VIM Maintainers <pkg-vim-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>

Such a group could look after otherwise unmaintained ham packages, with
anyone contributing as they wish as time permits. Not all ham packages
would have to be co-maintained though eg I would probably keep gmfsk for
myself ;-)

Hamish