Re: AX25 kernel compiling

Jon Aubrey de Lavenu wrote:

I have never used apt before so wouldn't have thought to go down that line.

I have sent a separate message on using apt to install a kernel. On a Debian system it is best to use apt to maintain your applicationns and to use it for installing any new programs as well. It works very well and lots of little issues are taken care of by using .deb packages via apt.

I would love to use linux more often but as I dont always have a spare day
or 2 to learn how to install a few bits of software it has to play second
fiddle to windows.

I understand, we have all been there with that problem.

Ed Lawson
K1VP