Net log

Hello Gnu hams:

I've been wondering if there is such a tool as a net logger?

I often end up calling local VHF and HF nets.  The procedure I use now is update roster using OOo, print, call net, then go back to the roster and update it again.  However, I wonder if there is a tool that would work in either console or x that would pop up each call sign, all I'd need to do is press one of two buttons:
     Present     = y
     Not present = n

The logger would then return the values to the log file, updating it, and, if a person hasn't checked in for say 4 weeks, drop the call from the active (called) roster, then save the log into a portable format (perhaps compatible w/OOo)?

If not, then perhaps this might be a handy ham utility to develop?

TIA folks.. 73

Jaye ke6sls

Linux.Net -->Open Source to everyone