Re: calling up scripts

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 09:36:54PM +0930, Stef VK5HSX wrote:
> Greetings..
>
> 	As a relatively newcomer to Debian, from a redhat background.. I am wondering
> the best way to do something. In redhat we had a /etc/rc.d/rc.local file
> which allowed you to include extra scripts to run at startup time. I noticed
> in deb that is has rc1.d rc2.d etc.. obviously for the runlevels that you
> decide what services to include. Can you include a rc.local or is there
> another way to do this. I wish to include a rc.ax25 script to bring up
> various ax25 modules and programs.. Any help would be appreciated..

Stef,

What I did was to create a script as /etc/init.d/ax25 and run
'update-rc.d ax25 defaults' which creates the symlinks to /etc/rc2.d,
etc.  I have similarly created a /etc/init.d/local script for other
purposes.

73,
Bob, N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net