Re: [QRPLINUX] My ax25 experiment UPDATE 9/2/2004

> Finally AX25 is working with the BayPac BP-2M modem. I am receiving
> packet on 144.390 (APRS) just for a test. LinPac is copying packet for
> the first time on this computer.

Johnny:

You have inspired me to work on setting up AX25 and my BayPac modem this
weekend.  I have been using a KPC-3 and regular terminal program, but
due to this thread my interest in setting up the BayPac has been
renewed.  I think this will let me switch between LinPac and Xastir more
easily than with the KPC-3.  We shall see.  I may have to write to you
for help.

After you have used Linux some more I think you will discover that no
matter how messed up or broken it seems, if you have a boot disk of some
type, you can almost always fix it and will not need to reinstall.  when
I started, I did made mistakes and thought I had to reinstall
everything.  eventually I learned that since everything is in the open
so to speak, you can find and correct mistakes.

Ed Lawson
K1VP