Re: KISS Mode

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 01:27:04AM +0800, Gavin Rogers wrote:

> >You can send the escape command (@K1) directly to your tnc:
> >
> >echo -e "\r\033@K1\r" > /dev/ttyS0
> >

> That'd be the right command for a DED hostmode TNC... most "user" TNCs it's
> "KISS ON\rRESTART\r" or similar. Will depend on the EPROM your TNC actually
> has. But once you have got it into KISS mode, typically the CON and STA
> leds will flash 3 times to acknowledge.

For those who aren't already aware of it, there are some firmware
versions out there which do funny things like spontaneously dropping
out of KISS mode or resetting to the default parameters.  KISS-only
eprom images are available for TNC-2 clones (and TAPR sells eproms
containing the code).  I found out a long time ago that was an easier
way to go, since I only use applications which interface with KISS.

73,
Bob, N7XY