Re: gmfsk error

On Thursday 15 January 2004 13:09, JTD wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 January 2004 19:33, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > Rein Couperus wrote:
> > > In order to make a demo disk with a lot of software somebody will
> > > have to get the apt-get thing going to install single packages
> > > from the CD. I don't know enough about debian to do it.
>
> apt-cdrom add
> insert the cd. apt will scan the cd, add it to /etc/apt/sources.list
> and add the packages to the package database
> apt-get install <packagename>

Tnx for the hint,
unfortunately it is a bit more complicated. The CD I want to install from is
the live CD running the system.
quote:
root@Morphix:~# apt-cdrom add
Using CD-ROM mount point /cdrom/
Unmounting CD-ROM
Please insert a Disc in the drive and press enter
Mounting CD-ROM
Identifying.. [debe34645ce260a47490bf060b239722-2]
Scanning Disc for index files..  Found 0 package indexes and 0 source indexes.
E: Unable to locate any package files, perhaps this is not a Debian Disc
unquote
How can I generate a debian index file for a non-debian CD?

73,
Rein PA0R

--
Rein@Couperus.com or PA0R@EUDXF.ORG