Re: gmfsk error

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:26:20 +0100
Joop Stakenborg <pg4i@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Since gmfsk-0.5 is based on gnome2, how did you manage to run it on
> Debian/Stable (the CD is based on stable, am I right?)?

The live CD is based on Morphix 4.1 which I believe is
based upon SID or some combination of sources that is very close to SID.

The Morprhix-GNOME CD boots into Gnome 2.4.
The Morphix-KDE Cd boots into KDE 3.1
Its much more up to date than Debian stable.

Once I figure it all out, which might be never, I think it would be very
nice to creaste a Mprphix based Ham CD that contains all the Ham related
software in SID.  Not loaded at boot, but be available to run so people
could see what is available under Linux.

I see the DX Expedition Disk as a special purpose CD, but it points the
way.  The concept of plugging in a CD and memory stick to any decent
laptop and knowing exactly what you have must be a great thing for
certain types of operations.

Ed Lawson
K1VP