Re: cwbot cwirc parrot cw_tutor.sh non-networked straight key practice

In my effort to have my linux machine tell me what I'm pounding out
with my straight key, before it gets hooked up to the examiner's machine...

P> you're welcome to come on irc.freenode.net, channel #cw

My phone is charged by the minute, therefore I wish instead to
offline, have some program interpret my pounding, instead of real people.

P> the only thing I can provide myself in the way of a program
P> to train keying, as you know, is xcw
P> (http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/om.the/web/xcw). I know it's not quite
P> what you'd like, but I'm afraid I don't know of any other Linux
P> program that will read a key or paddles from a serial port, apart CWirc.

P> Finally, I do plan on adding a script in CWBot to train keying, by
P> analyzing timing errors and displaying them in a graph

Hmmm, http://www.cs.utwente.nl/~ptdeboer/ham/rscw/ can read from a
soundcard, maybe you can incorporate it.

And I wish there was a way to "hook my straight key to the
soundcard"... indeed, my Sato key
http://members.cox.net/w1vet/Practice/key37 has a buzzer...

xcwcp can read morse keyed from the mouse or the keyboard, but I can't
chose any other mouse port than the current X mouse, even though that
is connected to ttyS1, and my PS/2 socket could be connected to an old
mouse with the straight key as its middle key... instead of ripping up
my good mouse.

Anyway, in summary, there seems to be plenty of linux programs that do
all I want, except that each has its own different input method...