Re: ARRL's LoTW with Debian Sarge

On Mon, Sep 29, 2003 at 03:35:13PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> As for rationale, my assumption is that ARRL did not want to exclude
> proprietary or Free software authors from using the library.  A BSD
> style license would seem an obvious choice here.

Just to follow-up on this discussion of a few weeks ago, now that I'm
getting back on top of my packages.

At a glance it seems that the tqsllib license is mostly BSD, including
the old advertising clause. I don't know whether this is acceptable to
Debian and how we deal with it, so I've asked debian-legal.

tqsllib builds OK, so I'll create the packages asap and publish a URL
for anyone who wants to try them. I can't upload until the license
situation is clarified though.

Hamish