Re: Announce: new EchoLink Howto

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 20:42, Jim Price wrote:
> > On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 04:14:21PM -0700, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> > > I really like the idea of voice over IP.
> >
> > So do I, but I don't understand what it's got to do with amateur radio.
>
> Many people interface EchoLink to amateur radios, but you're right,
> EchoLink QSOs can also be PC to PC or PC to radio.  For VoIP that
> requires RF-access at both ends there is IRLP, which is based on Speak
> Freely and runs on linux (ships w/ Red Hat) -- www.irlp.net

Yes, but this is not compatible with EchoLink. EchoLink was the first
application in this kind I saw (well, my girl friend, DL1STW pointed my to
this). It would be best if they publish the protocoll and even the whole
source code. But I  suppose they are not very interessted in UNIX, they even
denied to link to my HowTo.

However: I enhanced the HowTo for a section where echoLinux and KEchoLink is
described in short. But KEchoLink has no files (and a single developer) and
echoLinux is very uncomfortable and echogui causes eyes cancer!

CU
--
|Michael Renner      E-mail: michael.renner@gmx.de  |
|D-72072 Tuebingen   Germany        ICQ: #112280325 |