Re: ARRL's LoTW with Debian Sarge

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 04:14:41PM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> Bob Snyder wrote:
> >On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:47:17PM +1000, Craig Small wrote:
> >

> >>Good to see the ARRL keeping up the fine tradition of having bad
> >>licenses for hamradio-related software. Without looking at it too
> >>closely my opinion is the license sucks hard but is borderline Free,
> >>I could of easily missed something.
> >

> >A question for debian-legal perhaps? It might distract them from the
> >GFDL. :-)
> >

> I am sure Hamish will know what to do. Hopefully he will Cc to
> debian-hams. Will be interesting to follow the discussion and maybe we
> can contact someone at ARRL once the result is known. Anyone on the list
> have hamradio friends at ARRL?

The best person to contact is probably Jon Bloom, KE3Z <jbloom@arrl.org),
who is the web adminstrator at ARRL.  There are others not on the ARRL
staff who are also working on the software, but I suggest that there be a
single Debian point of contact (Hamish?) and that person direct any
comments to Jon (with Cc to debian-hams).

There is a Yahoo mailing list for the TrustedQSL project
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TrustedQSL/>, also a web site at
>http://www.trustedqsl.org> and one at Sourceforge
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/trustedqsl>, however I didn't find
any discussion of the rationale for the choice of license at any of the
above sites.

73,
Bob, N7XY