RE: twclock and twlog

Hi Joop,

It's been a while. I hope all is well there.

> Is there a way to disable the Xbae widget in twlog? I can't currently
> make any of the 2.0 series twlog packages for debian, because of the
> dependency on this (non-free) widget.

I'm a little confused about this being a non-free widget.  The license
is at http://chronos.cs.msu.su/LessTif/Xbae.html

"Permission to use, copy, modify and distribute this material for any
purpose and without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
copyright notices..."

Is it just that its not the GNU license?

> It seems twpsk and twclock in debian are running fine with lesstif,
> since your move to openmotif. Should I upgrade twclock in debian from
> 2.0 to 2.1: does it have new functionality or is it just a maintenance
> release?

Really!  Did you have to add any code to the 2.0 versions?  With lessTif
here on RH 8, the Control-L and Control-G keys don't switch the time
between Local and GMT.  Also, the popup menu doesn't work on twclock.
Well, it works once but not after that.

Yes, there have been minor bug fixes and some changes.  Twlog's main
menu was changed and it now has a popup menu also.  Both 2.1 versions
conditionally add code if compiling with lessTif, so the popups work.
Well there are a few places on the twclock interface where it doesn't
work, but I'm not talking. :-)  The control keys still don't work on
twclock tho.

73,
Ted - wa0eir