no straightforward morse straight key practice in linux

that has been posted to gmane.linux.hams as well.

Just seems no easy way to hook up a real morse straight key to some
unused port, e.g. rs232, etc., and then to robust practice
interpreter, like xcwcp.

You have to lobotomize a mouse or keyboard.

Then there are programs that are ready for a straight key hooked to a
serial port, but are not for CW practice, e.g. CWirc.

Hopes were high With xcw, but I notice the CPU stays maxed out, and I
hear no sound, and it seems to think I mainly send T's.

Sniff.  Wish the authors would combine all these components into more
flexibility for all the different CW related programs inputs.