Re: talk this weekend

On 11 Sep 2002 02:11:41 +0200
Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> wrote:

> I'll be speaking at the ARRL/TAPR Digital Communications Conference this weekend
> in Denver, on the topic of how to use Debian in a ham shack.
>
>         http://www.tapr.org/tapr/dcc/
>
> Anyone care to contribute information about how you actually use Debian in
> your ham radio work?  A digital camera picture or screen shot of your station
> in operation doing something that Debian helps make possible would be
> particularly useful to make my presentation materials less boring!

Using the gnome2 desktop running with some home-mode software at:
http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/screenshot-pa4tu.png

I quickly created a swirl background. xlog for logging (gtk1.2) and xdx
with a live dx-cluster (gtk2.0) running. Can't stress enough that debian is one
of the important linux distributions when it comes to software development.
You can always get the latest libraries when you need them, if you are
prepared to run unstable or testing.

Notice the anti-aliasing fonts in xdx. Hope it is useful.

> The last chance I'll have to pick up your inputs will be on Friday this week,
> so please respond quickly if you want to help!
>
> 73 - Bdale, KB0G

Joop, PA4TU