Re: Hams at Debian Day?

On 15 May 2002, Bdale Garbee wrote:

> Make sure to point out that both Bruce Perens and I were initially attracted
> to Debian because of our interest in ham radio and the desire to use Linux
> in that context...

As were many others, as I'm sure you will find out if you scratch the
surface ever so slightly.  (Myself included; and all my immediate
initial contacts in the Linux world.)  Many of us came via our use of
KA9Q-NOS, too.  In the early days, I used both concurrently.  (I still
have a 386 set up with a KA9Q-NOS derivative for emergency access to
e-mail.)  You can tell where our origins lie, as the operator's desk is
immediately recognisable as a shack, rather than a computer room :)
--
Martin Wheeler <mwheeler@startext.co.uk> gpg key 01269BEB @ the.earth.li
G5FM