Re: Tlf support for the ARRL Sweepstakes

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 03:58:01PM +0100, Rein wrote:
> On Monday 28 October 2002 12:51, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > * Rein <rein@couperus.com> [2002 Oct 28 05:15 -0600]:
> > > This has been added yesterday to 0.8.5...
> > > Adding a parameter TIME_OFFSET=xx to logcfg.dat does it.
> >
> > Great!

> > Did you see this too, or am I unique?
>
> Repaired in tlf-0.8.5, now at the website.
>
> Also did the "0 points for in-country qso's" for cqww. I had made an
> exception for stns in NA, but after reading the rules 3 more times I agree it
> should be 0.

It only took three readings to understand it?  It's difficult even for
one whose native language is English. There are a bunch of things I
don't understand in the rules (for instance, does "African Italy" zone
33 count as a country?)

I recalculated my score by hand and it actually went up in spite of not
counting the in-country contacts.  Probably this was a result of some
countries like VP2M and VP2E not being recognized.

Another strange thing I can't figure out.  One of the P4 stations went
into the log as HM, which is P5, P6, P7, P8, P9.  The others got logged
correctly.

Bob