Re: TLF and EU-HF-Championship.

On Monday 05 August 2002 09:49, Jaime Robles wrote:

> Hello all, here my impresions on "real-life" tlf using...
>
> Last saturday i took part in HF-HF-Champ.... with a very poor propagation
> conditions... well, i have to say that there was no conditions at all in
> 10m!!! and i did 3 qso just about 18UTC.... so the contest was mainly in 20
> and 15.
>
> Well, now the tlf report...
> It worked quite good but the use of it make me think about some things...
>
> * How can i configure the "local/dx" time that you can see on the botton
> right hand corner?

tlf works out the time difference from the ctydb.dat file. See tlf.doc.
I do not yet take care of summertime shift etc..

> * When you hear just the 2 last letters (or 3) of a call... and you write
> them in tlf for the call check... then you hear the rest of the call and
> you cannot write it because it overwrites the call.... and you.
> I would like tlf (and i think it is VERY important) to be in "insert" mode
> not overwrite mode when you are "editing" the actual qso.

OK, I will make a parameter for it so you can choose with logcfg.dat.
-> wishlist

> * Is there any way to delete ALL the fields in the actual entry qso?
> I mean... with ESC there is a quick way to delete the call _or_ the
> exchange but you cannot delete the two of them.
> Maybe ESC could be used to delete the two of them and "resetting" the
> actual qso line.... and another combination to delete call and/or
> exchange...

This one is easy, and it makes sense... when you don't know the call you
don't need the exchange... will be changed.   -> wishlist

> * I liked the "-" command ;-)
>
> * I missed a "on-line" editing way... i mean something as in CT where you
> can edit the three ago qso just with up-arrow without exiting to joe...
> maybe i am used to CT O:-)

Now that the qso's are also in RAM (from version 0.6), I can implement it...
I will put it on the wish list.

> * Another "bug" is that tlf does not check in the partials if you enter
> "50R"... (of S50R, for example)... two numbers+letter.

ok, I don't know why... will check. -> buglist :-)

> * A suggestion would be to change the first line color of the "score
> window" as there are all lines in white and the first one are not score but
> just the "tittles"... "Band 160 80 40 15 10"... it would be more
> "ergonomic" if the color of score is different from the tittle's.

I will look for a nice color combination...  -> wishlist

> * A new function in tlf could be something like "which band is the best?".
> I was using tlf before the contest to "make me to tlf" and i setup the
> cluster connection to make some qso before contest.
> Well i think that tlf could "count" how many QSO's are in each band... to
> help the operator in band changes... just a line (or two) lines in the
> screen... with:
>
> 160|80|40|20|15|10
>    2 | 4|  3|10|30|20
>
> Updated each hour... more or less to zero... or a porcentual... yes maybe
> showing the porcentual of spots in each band...
>
> What do you think?

version 0.6 now also has the last 100 spots in RAM, so this one should be
easy..    -> wishlist

> * And another "Artificial Inteligence" for tlf would be... a line showing
> somethink like "with the actual qso rate you are going to get xxxx points
> in the contest".
> That way tlf would give a good and quick reference for the operator to
> compare with other contest editions.

This one is more difficult, as it will be different per contest (score
calculation etc) . Could be done for cqww of wpx...

> And at last (but not less important for me) is... how can i make the two
> files to send?
> Using "write" i make the cabrillo file but it shows a "zero" in the points
> column... and there is no score claimed....
> And on the other hand the summary file is just a copy of the "cabrillo"...
> Any help?

TLF logfile is TRlog compatible, so it will be accepted.
The summary file has to be written with an editor for the moment. Generation
of a summary file is low on the priority list at the moment. You could write
a template for me to put on the website :-)

73's, Rein PA0RCT

P.S.: this is the kind of report that really helps to improve tlf.
Thanks Jaime !!