Re: QSSTV in incoming

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001 17:34:54 -0700
Jaye Inabnit ke6sls <ke6sls@snowcrest.net> wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 August 2001 15:33, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 12:18:49AM +0200, Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > > Qsstv is in incoming. I had to redo the upload because of incomplete
> > > files. Sri abt that. Hopefully it will show up in unstable soon.
> >
> > Cool. Does it compile with the latest qt and g++? (Does it still use qt?)
> >
> > I remember spending quite a while on it back in the 2.x days
> > modifying the code to work with the latest changes to g++ (2.95) etc.
> >

> > Hamish
>
>     Greetz,
>
> The snapshot (5.0f) uses qt2.3. I am running beta kde so I have qt's and it
> compiled without a problem.
>
> Which qsstv was debianized? Snapshot or stable?

Snapshot. But it's pretty stable. Johan did not mind using the snapshot release.

> btw, I finally got message from Johan. His net was dead and just got it
> working after the cables were repaired.
>
> I finally tweeked my local clock and have qsstv working very well xmit/rcv,
> but the VIS doesn't function at all. It also has a couple little bugs I plan
> on investigating to help this code mature.

Putting it into debian/unstable might help getting the bugs out.

> Great to have slow scan for linux!

It's a fabulous piece of software.

> tatah and 73
>

> --
>
> Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user \/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
> If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.
> Free software, in a free world, for a free spirit. Please Support freedom!

Joop
--
Joop Stakenborg - Debian GNU/Linux developer <pa3aba@debian.org>

--> I was so excited when potato froze, I got a woody.