RE: ax25-apt??

> Technically yes but I'm not too sure that the ACA would allow it.
> They have explicitly said that Winlink is not allowed here (which
> is email access over HF PACTOR).

	I suppose the problem would be "unattended operation of a
'phone-patch' "
	Perhaps they could be convinced once it is understood that only
programs are being exchanged?
	This new-fangled DTMF switching over VHF is almost a mobile phone
system IMVHO!

> I don't think too many ISPs would feel threatened by a 9600 half duplex
> shared channel link!

	The people I have spoken to seem more than happy to help.

	TD has pointed out that it would be painful and this is the real
killer I guess.

	What would it take to congest the channel?

	My idea was to only include electronics/hamradio/scientific
applications and/or apt-get upgrade/update.

	I guess it would not be much use if it takes days/weeks to update a
small system or download a few applications.

	Hey if it was popular but slow we could just fill up the whole band

	73deVK6PEC