Kernel recommendations?

   Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 22:55:16 +1000
   From: Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org>

   Any 2.2 kernel is much better for AX.25. The kernel should work with slink.
   However, you also need the new libax25, ax25-tools and ax25-apps
   (which are in frozen Debian 2.2) which require glibc 2.1 I think.

I haven't used AX.25, but I have been using the frozen Debian 2.2
since January.  The only problems I have seen in the last couple of
months had to do with the boot floppies, which aren't an issue if you
update.  Everything else has been very stable, and on the whole the
system is preferable to Slink.

In any case, the second release test cycle starts on Monday, and if
that goes well we can expect 2.2 to be released next month.