Re: [carl@stagecraft.cx: pConv 1.0R Released. - A Perl /Tk based converse client.]

On Tue, 2 May 2000, John van V. wrote:

> I am just wondering if it may not be a good time to look at a gnome chat app
> for your purposes, seeing that this TK app is causing you a lot of problems.
> And gnome seems to be the only advanced desktop.

A couple of weekends ago I decided I want to know something about
Gnome/GTK+ programming and since that weekend I've had a Gnome Convers
Client v0.0.1-early-alpha-0 ready... :-) It's going to need some work
before releasing though and the GTK+ text widget is a bit ... err ...
featureless so I'm probably not going to waste my time trying to make it
do all the things my TkConv (tcl/tk based) does. But it's quite usable
already.

--
Tomi Manninen           Internet:  oh2bns@sral.fi
OH2BNS                  AX.25:     oh2bns@oh2rbi.fin.eu