Re: can't ping (tcp/ip)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Steve Platt wrote:

> Well I used to have one radio interface, then I enabled IP Masquerading.
> I hope someone has a solution to making Masquerading work with more than
> one external interface!

Well, i had it working just fine when i used linux 2.0.x with a eth0,
ppp0, sl0 and ax0 interfaces. I don't know about latest 2.0.x since i've
moved to 2.2.x long time ago, but these ones with ipchains are very
flexible concerning forwarding rules, altough a little more difficult to
understand at the beggining.
	I got some strange errors with one of the latest netstd debian
package, exactly using ping and traceroute... Right now i'm using
netstd-3.07-10 and linux 2.2.12 without a problem.

		Cheers,
					Nuno Sucena

http://student.dee.uc.pt/~slug
CT1FOX CQG9304 @ 80m, 40m, 20m, 17m, 12m, 11m , 10m