Re: logging

On Thu, Jul 29, 1999 at 08:06:18AM -0700, John van V. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> --- Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> wrote:
> > What do people recommend for recording their log?
>
> The long term answer for logging is XML (HTML w/ ~your~ tags defined. )

[...]

Concerning logging and web-browsers:

I have been working with a MySQL database, which is queried with
a web-browser. The web-pages for contacting the database are written
in PHP3, a very powerful scripting language. PHP3 can be loaded as
a module for apache.

With MySQL + PHP3 it should be very easy to write a logbook,
which can be browsed with any web-browser. Updating, making
entries and deleting entries are all possible.
You can query the database to show any information in any
desired format, sorted by band, callsign, date or just anything you
want....

Does this sound like a nice project?

Joop
--

 Joop Stakenborg PA4TU, ex-PA3ABA <pa3aba@debian.org>
 Linux Hamradio Applications and Utilities Homepage