Re: GNOME 44 Beta for Debian experimental?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2023 at 8:09 AM Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 at 06:28:15 -0500, Jeremy Bícha wrote:
> > GNOME 44 Beta will be released in a few days. Is it ok to push GNOME
> > 44 stuff to Debian experimental?
>
> I think yes, but I'd like a branch from the last version intended for
> bookworm to exist first.

For most apps, we won't have a need to do any more bookworm uploads.
Can we wait to fork a branch from the latest bookworm git release tag
until we actually need it, or are expected to need it? Like we need
gnome-shell but we probably wouldn't need something like devhelp or
gnome-mines.

> We can either do debian/master + debian/experimental (like dbus and glib2.0)
> or debian/unstable + debian/master (like you've preferred to do in most of
> GNOME in the past). Either works as long as it's clear.

Yeah, my preference once we fork is  debian/bookworm  since that
matches the convention we have been using for Debian Stable updates.

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha