Re: GNOME 44 Beta for Debian experimental?

On Thu, 09 Feb 2023 at 06:28:15 -0500, Jeremy Bícha wrote:
> GNOME 44 Beta will be released in a few days. Is it ok to push GNOME
> 44 stuff to Debian experimental?

I think yes, but I'd like a branch from the last version intended for
bookworm to exist first.

We can either do debian/master + debian/experimental (like dbus and glib2.0)
or debian/unstable + debian/master (like you've preferred to do in most of
GNOME in the past). Either works as long as it's clear.

> With rare exceptions (maybe epiphany-browser or
> xdg-desktop-portal-gnome), none of the GNOME 44 stuff is going into
> Debian 12.

I suspect xdg-desktop-portal-gnome 44 is unlikely to be appropriate for
Debian 12 either, unless the changes happen to be very small this cycle.

    smcv