Re: Switch default from PulseAudio to PipeWire (and WirePlumber) for audio

On Sun, Oct 02, 2022 at 07:29:31PM +0100, Jonathan McDowell wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2022 at 05:58:25PM +0200, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been asked several times regarding when Debian will switch its default
> > sound server from PulseAudio to PipeWire without having an official answer.
> > Thus, I suppose it's the right time to start a discussion about that.
>
> Perhaps, now this has actually got as far as testing, someone will be so
> kind as to at least comment on #996750, which I opened almost a year
> ago. It's had no follow-ups and I'm now seeing the same behaviour on a
> system that only has an external screen - it doesn't actually go into
> power save mode. I suspect there's something going on with pipewire and
> HDMI audio, but it's a regression from a pulseaudio setup.

After a bit more patience, and some experimentation, I'm going to have
to recant. It might be taking a _little_ longer to actually hit power
save, but it is now happening and it does seem to recover ok.

Apologies for the noise, I'll follow up to the bug.

J.

--
   101 things you can't have too   |  .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux Developer
       much of : 33 - Jokes.       | : :' :  Happy to accept PGP signed