Re: Switch default from PulseAudio to PipeWire (and WirePlumber) for audio

On Thu, Sep 08, 2022 at 05:58:25PM +0200, Dylan Aïssi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been asked several times regarding when Debian will switch its default
> sound server from PulseAudio to PipeWire without having an official answer.
> Thus, I suppose it's the right time to start a discussion about that.

Perhaps, now this has actually got as far as testing, someone will be so
kind as to at least comment on #996750, which I opened almost a year
ago. It's had no follow-ups and I'm now seeing the same behaviour on a
system that only has an external screen - it doesn't actually go into
power save mode. I suspect there's something going on with pipewire and
HDMI audio, but it's a regression from a pulseaudio setup.

J.

--
If we sleep together, will you like me better?