Re: Packaging libsigc++ 3.x branch?

Hi,

在 2022-06-20星期一的 17:07 -0400,Jeremy Bicha写道:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 8:05 PM Boyuan Yang <byang@debian.org> wrote:
> > Just an update: this is now in Debian Sid:
> > https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libsigc++-3.0 ;. The git packaging repo is
> > at
> > https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libsigcplusplus-3.0 ;. Feel free to make
> > any
> > updates that you find necessary.
>
> Hi,
>
> I apologize that we didn't reply to your email earlier. Thank you very
> much for packaging this library update!
>
> I went ahead and pushed the packaging to
> https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/libsigcplusplus-3.0
> You'll need to re-clone because it uses different branch names
> (upstream/latest instead of upstream especially).
>
> gbp clone git@salsa.debian.org:gnome-team/libsigcplusplus-3.0.git
>
> I rebased your commits on top of the libsigc++-2.0 git repo to
> preserve the git history & some packaging details.
> I guess you should get the https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ repo
> deleted or at least archived now.
>
> We don't have documentation for how to package a renamed library like
> this and the rest of our documentation [1] is missing a lot of
> details. Sorry!
>
> I have begun work on packaging gtkmm4.0 and its dependencies. Did you
> have any other related app you were looking at packaging or is it just
> easyeffects?

Easyeffects used to depend on gtkmm4.0 but not anymore. I think there's no
other extra package work needed for now.

I noticed that libsigc++-3.0/3.2.0-4 did not properly handle symbol files,
such as using 2.x version strings, debian revision in versions (lintian
error) and unmatched symbols for different archs. Since you added this
symbol file, it would be great if you can fix it and have libsigc++-3.0
migrated to Testing at least once.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang