Looking to help

Hi,

I am looking to see if I can help strengthen one area of the debian distribution.   That is its ability to support mulit-seat environments.  I have a computer with two video cards set up as a two seat system, but I am finding bullseye to be quite buggy with regards to multi-seat.  I'm not sure if this is due to gnome or systemd/logind.  But I would be happy to run tests and provide log files to help resolve these issues and try and determine what is going wrong.  Issues I have found include:

When one seat is active (being used) but the other seat is left alone for long enough (timeout period) the system has a tendency to suspend, seemingly based on the seat not being used.  I know gnome has gsd-power, but I think it interacts with logind on some level.

Sometimes the seat with two monitors keeps going blank/black on the screen, but any mouse or keyboard stroke seems to wake it up.  This is even if the seat is being actively used.

When one logs in on the second seat, the first seat often is put into screen lock mode (if it is being actively used at the time).

If these issues are something your team would like to fix, or at least determine if they are really gnome issues, I would be happy to try and test ideas out for you, as well as take and send logs back.  I am not a professional programmer, but I have done some light programming tasks throughout my career.

Let me know if I can be of any service to your team.

Regards,

Joshua