Re: Upstream which doesn't want to migrate to GTK3

On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 11:36 AM Andreas Ronnquist wrote:

> I would like to remove asunder from Debian, and if a GTK3 upstream
> conversion is released (by the asunder upstream maintainer or by
> someone else), I would gladly package that in Debian.

There are a few additional factors here:

CDs are kind of obsolete, audio distribution has mostly moved to
online platforms.

There is already a GTK3 CD ripper in Debian called sound-juicer.

FreeDB has been closed and asunder doesn't support the alternative (AFAICT).

http://www.gusnan.se/blog/programming/freedb-is-closing-its-service/

Personally I think it would be fine to leave it out of Debian for now.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise