Re: Status of GNOME 3.10 in Debian?

On 04/04/14 14:16, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> One question: On https://plus.google.com/u/0/+WorldofgnomeOrg/posts/WunFLk5ES6W
> I read in a comment:
>
> " The new decision is: all Gnome versions released close to Debian freeze will
> come to Debian sid and testing, the other versions stay on experimental (like
> 3.10)."
>
> Is this accurate? Personally, I like being up to date, but using experimental
> has been a constant PITA, because of frequent dependency issues.

I don't really understand what that comment is saying.

What is really happening is that we're working on updating GNOME to 3.12. Some
stuff is in unstable and testing already, but a few (important) packages are
only available in experimental right now. That is because we need to do
"transitions" because of library ABI changes and SONAME bumps, but we're working
on those and we should have all of 3.12 in testing/unstable this month.

Regards,
Emilio