Re: Metapackage strategy for GNOME 3

Hi.
On Sun, Apr 03, 2011 at 02:40:25PM +0530, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m wondering whether gnome-accessibility still makes sense. It probably
> does no harm keeping it and making gnome-core recommend it, but pushing
> all of its contents to gnome-core and making accessibility a first-class
> citizen like upstream does would be nice.

I'd like to see gnome-accessibility get moved into gnome-core.  I depend on gnome-orca for access to my desktop.  I'm thinking if gnome-accessibility
was moved into gnome-core then it would be possible to use a gtk based installer with software speech.  Currently, I need special hardware
to install Debian.  I know there is work to get software speech support with speakup into the next installer release, but having
additional options would be good.

          Kenny