Re: pam keyring issues

On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:08:23 +1100, Takis Diakoumis wrote:

> Hi
>
> a recent upgrade of evolution deps (evolution-data-server, libcamel,
> libebook, libecal, libedata-book etc) has resulted in evolution asking
> to unlock the gnome keyring. thats fine, but annoying so i dug around
> for a way to have this done automatically on login.
>
> i found that installing libpam-gnome-keyring does this. following
> instructions from numerous sites and the readme.debian file i tried the
> following appended to the end of /etc/pam.d/gdm
>
> ---
> auth    optional        pam_gnome_keyring.so session optional
> pam_gnome_keyring.so  auto_start
>
> that didn;t work and actually didn't let me log in at all - it would
> just keep going back to the user name field in gdm ---
>
> ---
> auth optional pam_keyring.so try_first_pass session optional
> pam_keyring.so
>
> that did nothing.
> ---
>
> @include common-pamkeyring
>
> this resulted in a dialog that would not close as if stuck in an
> authentication loop - image of the gdm screen with this is here:
> http://executequery.org/temp/images/gnome-keyring-gdm-error.png
>
> any suggestions on how to get this to work would be appreciated.
>
> thanks
> Takis

pam 2.20.2-1 (currently in unstable) includes PAM configuration for using
pam_gnome_keyring.so. Could you try again after upgrading to that
version? Make sure that you replace your version of the config file with
a fresh copy when prompted by dpkg.

--
Sam Morris
http://robots.org.uk/

PGP key id 1024D/5EA01078
3412 EA18 1277 354B 991B  C869 B219 7FDB 5EA0 1078