Re: Failed to close thumbnail pixbuf loader

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007, Gene Z. Ragan wrote:
> The error is generated by nautilus-thumbnails.c located in
> libnautilus-private.  This is in response
> to an error from gdk_pixbuf_loader_close().
>
> I don't know why gdk_pixbuf is returning an error though.

 http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk-pixbuf/unstable/GdkPixbufLoader.html#gdk-pixbuf-loader-close

 Reading the GNOME bug report mentionned by the OP, I think this is
 likely a limitation / bug on what the Gdk pixbuf loader for JPEG wants
 to do in degradated cases.

 Perhaps there's a security/safety limit in what the loader will accept,
 but it would be best to look at the nautilus code to see whether it
 checks the previous gdk_pixbuf_* calls for errors (such as
 gdk_pixbuf_loader_write() for example).

--
Loïc Minier