Re: Font problem after upgrading gnome-control-center

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 18:08 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 18:47 +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > The problem seems to be that gnome-control-center 2.20 doesn't set 96dpi
> > as default anymore but leaves it blank and does auto-detection...
>
> This isn't a problem, it's the right thing to do.  Most screens are sane
> and report the correct values so everything just works.  For screens
> which don't the user can override the setting.

I don't doubt that this is the right way but I do doubt that its not
user friendly as some will get an ugly display like I got earlier today.
And they might not know where to ask for help and/or how to solve it.

We could now start and blame others for their mistake which we might
also do by reporting a bug. But we should not be selfish and try to find
a workaround for those cases where it does not work. I would be
available in either case.

Anyhow, at this point I'd also like to thank all people behind Gnome in
Debian for their outstanding work and making it available almost at the
same day as 2.20 was released. Many Thanks!!!

Regards,
Amir